Pages

Thursday 12 September 2013

On the needles

I started a new project but an old one was staring at me . . . So I am knitting them simultanously and quite enjoying it!  Months ago I started a cardigan for my daughter but went a bit wrong and I HATE unpicking so I just left it.  A couple of days ago I cast on a jumper for me and the cardigan seemed to be calling to me "How can you knit something for yourself when you haven't finished me yet . . . "  so I unravelled.  And carried on unravelling until it was all gone.  Because (and I'm sure I am  not the only one) the unravelling bit is quite fun.  It's the picking up stitches I don't like.  Anyway I did start again and this is how far I have got:



It's a yoke cardie; number 1219 from the Jumping Jellybeans pattern book by Sirdar.  This is the actual cardie:


I am knitting it in a slightly lighter yellow than this.  I also have some really cool rainbow buttons to go on it, but I shall wait until the 'ta-da' moment until I reveal those!

The jumper for me is 'Rural Idyll' from the September 2013 issue of Simply Knitting.


I am knitting it in 'Glacier', a shade of King Cole Opium.  I also have some more yarn on the way for another project - will I be able to wait before that is cast on I wonder!


No comments:

Post a Comment