Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Autumn has arrived!

I love autumn.  I love the cosier nights and the fresher days.  I love the excitement of back to school and all the shiny newness that comes with it.  But most of all I love the colours.  I may indulge in that on another day, but today I want to show my first autumn project of the year - this wonderful foxy scarf from the September issue of Knit Today.


It was lovely to sit in front of the TV and knit all 348 rows of stocking stitch (not all in one go!)  I'm not such a big fan of sewing up however, so at the mo my scarf looks like this:


I have sewn up the main bit, I just need to find the will power to do the rest.  Oh, and choose some buttons for the eyes and nose.  I popped over to Mum's yesterday and seriously how many buttons does one person need!?  Her obsession however is my gain as I came away with this little lot to choose from:


Watch this space - the weather is getting colder and I shall be glad of a scarf soon so I need to finish!  If you fancy having a go at this pattern yourself be careful with the orange yarn.  I ran out so the ears on mine will be black and white instead of orange. 

One last thing before I go - NEW SHOES!









No comments:

Post a Comment