Pages

Monday 17 March 2014

Party! (and a KAL)

My youngest girlie turned 5 on Sunday, and to celebrate we had a circus party which was fantastic!  Thank you to Nick from Circusseen who was brilliant with the children.

After much discussion about the cake (which at one point was going to include both Batman and Barbie!)  I ended up making this masterpiece:


Quite obviously homemade but as my daughter described it as "the best cake in the whole world ever!"  I think I did ok!  I found the number 5 sparkler in Tesco which worked really well.

On a different note, I joined in with the Crafts from the Cwtch knit-a-long that started on saturday.  The pattern is called Miss Winkle and can be found on Ravelry here.  I am using 'Amitola' by Louisa Harding on 3mm needles.  I love, love, love the colour changes on this yarn it is just beautiful.  I cant wait to finish it and start wearing it!  When I have finished it however I really must finish all the other projects sitting in my basket!




Anyone that is into knitting really should join in with this project it is so relaxing just knitting away in front of the tv now that the repeating pattern is firmly wedged in my head!  



No comments:

Post a Comment