Pages

Saturday 7 January 2017

An open door

Something has been niggling at me.  Before Christmas I received an email that was a 'reminder' of some things that the NUT champion.  I am a member as I have a vague sense that it is a good idea, however I am against any sort of strike action so they probably would see me as a poor excuse for one!  Anyway, one of the things was (roughly speaking as I deleted the email) that no teacher should have to allow another teacher to just wander in and observe their lesson.  Now, I do this all the time.  Just to get good ideas really.  I am not doing it to try and catch teachers out doing things they shouldn't be, or to 'spy' for SLT (seriously I think some people think this).  I just want to improve my own practice.  My door is always propped open with a huge mass, and anyone is free to wander into my lesson if they wish.  I am also happy to chat about what is going on too.  I can't get my head around not wanting others to watch you teach.

Actually most of the time I will ask first, particularly if there is something specific I am looking at.  I had a tricky class and wanted to see them with other teachers so I arranged suitable lessons to watch them.

But really, what have you got to hide?  Let's share good practice by showing it in action to anyone and everyone who wants to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment